September 28, 2007

Frustration! (not at my daughter!)

Well, we just got back from Izzy's appt. with the Pediatric Urologist. I was a little disappointed in what he has to say, I like him and trust his opinion however, that doesn't mean that I can't be frustrated! Well, we thought going into this appt. that we would have 2 options: 1- antibiotics for a year then retest to see if the problem had corrected itself 2- Surgery (or injections) to correct it immediately We were thinking surgery, however that is apparently not an option for us! She is to young, we go back in 6 months to get an ultrasound done, then in 1 year to re-do the test they performed last week! OUCH! Oh ya, all the while still on antibiotics. Oh and we have to take Bum for an ultrasound, because apparently if one of your children have this reflux issue all other children are 45% likely to have it also (even though we have had no problems with Bum). Weird, right? Anyway, I am grateful for healthy children! What a miracle a perfect child really is! "Miracles Miracles Miracles," as my brother Sam would say

17 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

ohhh sara- okay what a road you've been on and have yet to endure. hang in there. what a sweetie! you aren't kidding- i thank my lucky stars every night for my 3 healthy babies. it truly is a miracle.

Maren said...

oh sarah, i am so sorry! no fun for you or for her. thought about getting a second opinion? just to check the philosophy of different people? just throwing it out there.

mattnbeth said...

i hope she gets better soon. thats no fun at all!

Nate and Lauren said...

oh that is so frusterating... hope all goes well... thanks for saying hi the other day (I am a little slow on the blogging)... and don't worry I am going to help Kira make her blog "cute" sometime this week!

Kendria said...

Good luck with everything- that would be frustration to just have to "wait it out..." Hang in there!

Caryn said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Hopefully she will get better soon! No kidding about healthy babies being true miracles!

blythe said...

I didn't even know this was happening! I hope she gets better fast! She is so adorable and is getting so big!

diana said...

frustrating indeed! call me if you need to vent.

thanks for coming saturday, i'm glad you made out with some good deals!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I hate having sick babies... I hate having to REMEMBER medicine.. My little one has seriously been sick for the whole first year.. with ear infections, croup, flu, etc... I do feel so grateful that that is all I have to deal with though because I do know things could be so much worse... so I do feel blessed... Good Luck with this.. I hope your baby gets better SOON!!

You have 2 beautiful MIRICLES... BTW...Your kids are ADORABLE!!!

The Huish House said...

Sarah,
Your blog is so cute. Your kids are so big. I think your darling little girl looks so much like you.
Kelly

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

sarah- thank you thank you thank you. now we can only pray this passes!!! i'll keep you informed as i learn more.

Abby Runyan said...

WOW, I would be frustrated too. I think as Mom's we just want to fix the problem right now. It's so hard. Hang in there. I agree with the other comment of maybe getting another opinion to check to see if they are all on the same page. Good luck, I'm sorry you have to go through this. We will keep your guys in our prayers.

Becky said...

Ok, so I was showing this to Jane...is Izzy ok? Is it reflux? My kids both have it until they are about one, but the meds they give them helps tons...they have a mild case. And it helps if they si up after eating. Keep us posted!

Teagan said...

Your little Izzy is SO STRONG!! and she is such a doll... YOu guys make some cute babies:)
Our prayers are out to you guys!!

Kristie and Eddy said...

She's just beautiful! I know everything will work out great. That old patience thing is a tough one to deal with. You and Brady are so blessed to have two such wonderful kids!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

sara- UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!! loves!

Davis Clan said...

Sarah,
I just found your blog! It's evonne davis. I was reading about your little girl and I wanted you to know that our son Bradley has that reflux too. We are on antibiotics everyday and if he dosen't grow out of it, we will do the surgery when he's a little older. Everything you wrote about the test, etc. brought back a lot of memories. I'd love to chat about it if you want. Or, I have a urologist that I really like. Let me know. evonnedavis@cox.net
hope she's doing good! talk soon