Well we started swimming lessons three weeks ago.
Day 1
30 minutes before we were leaving our conversation went something like this,
"Brady let's get your swimsuit on" Me
" I have to eat breakfast Mom, then watch some cartoons, I'm too busy right now!" Bum
Then we got there and he cried the whole 30 minutes!
Day 2
"Brady it is time for swimming" Me
" I won't cry, I won't cry!" Brady
We got there and I literally had to chase him around the car for 5 minutes! Cried the whole time waiting for his turn, then when it was his turn all he would sat was "I won't cry, I won't cry!"
When Shelley had him jump off the side, he stood there for a minute chanting to himself " I am Not scared, I am Not scared!"
I'm not sure who he was trying to convince, cause he didn't convince himself!
The rest of the week he got a lot better, he would even go off the board by himself.
Week 2
Much better no crying, still needing a little help off the diving board again!
Week 3
Much improvement, swimming to his teacher by himself, actually kicking his legs on top of the water instead of looking like he was riding a bike in the water, putting his head down.
Then he jumped off the side of the deep end and Shelley had him keep swimming across the pool, he frantically came up for air, and Shelley said "Brady look you swam across the pool!"
and he said "OOOOH!" like Oh that's what I was doing!
Last Day of lessons
He did great swimming freestyle, backstroke, even a little breaststroke. He went off the diving board by himself and actually wanted to swim across the pool. When it came time for him to get rings, he wanted to go by himself! Ya Brady Bum!
He did learn a lot this time, but I am glad it is over, it was starting to get HOT and his lessons were at 9:30 in the morning!
8 comments:
ava just started lessons this week and it is sooooo hot! she's been doing okay for a two year old... she's fine in the water, but when it's not her turn she cries for me and begs to sit on my lap. i'm sopping wet at the end of each lesson.
I'm glad lessons are over too! Is it always this hot...or is this a really hot summer?? I'm dying. Maybe it's my little heater?
It's amazing how much they learn in a few weeks of swimming. Shelley is a great teacher!!
Are logan and brig in his class? I am going to lunch tomorrow. Please come. call and tell me why you can't.
I enjoy Brady Bum VERY much.I did look forward to that little class and am glad that he learned so much.My favorite was when he said so loud right before I had him do dives "I WILL NOT CRY"at the top of his lungs.He is such a character!!!!!!Him and his little affirmations kill me.
Okay so swim lessons are always so fun to start up- the anticipation is BIG! But by the last week...YOU ARE DYING TO GET IT OVER WITH! We actually quit early even- such slackers!
YEAH BRADY! I can't believe all of that progress he made by the end! What a stud. He'll be a little athlete. Did you guys have swim lessons when Jillian was there? Her lessons are at 9am I think.
Mini vans- oh Sara...you better believe that we've talked about getting one! I really want to get one just to let down my pride!!! hahah you think i'm kidding- i'm dead serious. THEY ARE THE MOST PRACTICAL CARS- WHY AREN'T WE?? Seriously, I'll be sure to let you know the second we get one! Come on Sara- if you do it- I'll do it. HEHEE!
i am so thoroughly entertained by brady's quotes!!! they're my fav! too funny!
That is so hilarious- His little chants are soo funny- He will love this story when he is older...
Where have I been???? I had no idea that you were expecting your 3rd!!!!!! SO exciting. I love that you are making it a surprise. Also, way to go Brady on the swim lessons. I love his cute little personality.
Post a Comment