October 9, 2008

The Delivery

Well, I might be ready to talk about this. I have been worried that this is my 3rd baby and I still don't know what a contraction is or what it feels like. Well Dr. Beck ended up telling me he would induce me a day before my due date this time, my other 2 were each a week late and I had to be induced.
Anyway, so Sunday came around I had a couple of what I would call contractions, a few in the morning, kinda felt like cramps. Then around dinner I had some more. Nothing steady or anything. Well I couldn't sleep and about 1 am I started timing them, I had like 4 in a row, each 5 minutes apart, and I thought they were pretty painful, so I decided that we would go to the hospital. I just was NOT going to let them send me home, I would just tell them that Dr. Beck was inducing me on Wednesday and would have done it as early as Monday had I chosen!
Well we got in the car to go and I was in a lot of pain, they hurt so bad! We got to the hospital about 2:20pm and they make you sign papers and crap and then out you in a room, she checked me and I was at a 10 and my water sac was about ready to break. Luckily my Dr. only lives 10 minutes away! They didn't have time for an epidural but the sweet nurses made sure I had something, so I got a Spinal Block. 10 minutes and 3 pushes later Jaxin Jay was born! He is the sweetest little guy, it is a little frieky how much he looks like his big brother Brady!

16 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

OHHHHHHH MY GOSH! No epideral and still such a great attitude and survival story?? I'm seriously in tears looking at these beautiful pictures of this sweet little guy. This birth story is a great one Sara. Too close for comfort over here on my part but you are SUCH a trooper. That little guy sure wanted to be here faster than you even expected huh? I am so thrilled for you Sara. Birth, to me, is the best thing I could ask for in life. And I mean that with everything. They are the most tender moments I've ever had. I'm so glad you updated us all- Jaxin is such a darling name. Good luck adjusting to three kids. PLEASE KNOW it's not easy!! I'm sure your family will be amazing help but PLEASE call me if I can come atleast get Bum for you. Don't get overwhelmed and ever feel guilty that the TV is on too long in the day or your kids had crackers for lunch. It's all part of it! And you're not a bad mom if all that jazz happens. Keep your chin up! You're awesome!!

Ali Hawkins said...

Sarah he is so cute!I new you were having a boy and that you would go on your own,just like my third.I can't beleive how fast and without an epideral amazing.It might be to early to ask,but don't you think it is easier to not be induced?How is he sleeping?Is your nursing going good?How do Brady Bum and Izzy like him?

Ali Hawkins said...

P.S. I wish I was there to hold him so bad, it makes me want to cry

Carroll Family said...

WOW! That's fast! I'm glad it all went well - he's really cute!

Amber and Dallas said...

Congratulations! He is cute!!! He looks just like his big brother. =) We are sooo happy that all went well and that he is here safe and sound. I really need to come see you and your cute family! Thankyou for the sweet text!

The Bradford's said...

Holy cow I can't believe you have three kids! I need to hurry up. He is adorable. Congrats. How are you feeling?

Lisa said...

Congrats and way to go! I can't believe that he came so fast! I'm hoping my next one will be like that considering I was induced with both mine too! Hope all is well at your house and you're feeling good!

Kendria said...

Yeah! A baby! Congrats! Cute name... You did it super quick! Glad you at least got a spinal block! Crazy! I hope my kids go in that same order! :)

Kira said...

Sarah--He's adorable and I can't wait to see him. I've wanted to come by, but the kids have been a little sick. We'll come by next week. We have something for him. I'm so happy you both are doing well. What day can the kids come play, seriously I mean it!!

rachel said...

no epidural? are you kidding me?! you are so brave. i've been told it's easier on your body to go into labor on your own versus being induced. i'm thinking about doing it this time, but am a bit nervous since all 3 of mine have been induced. you'll have to let me know your opinion when you get a spare second. CONGRATULATIONS!

alyssa said...

Congrats Sarah! What an adorable little guy! Drew and him can be buddies since they are so close in age! hopefully you are feeling well and getting some sleep!

Banks Family said...

You are so brave, what a cute baby boy! I'm glad everyone is doing well. Congrats!!!

Becky said...

WOW!! A 10...unbelieveable. So how bad was the pain? I've been induced or now, having c-sections...I'll never know lablr pains. SADLY! That's a fun story. And I've heard recovery ia better when you don't have an epidural.

Becky said...

Oh, and my kids both got colds the day we went into the hospital to have Tagg...it was stressful, but he never got it. So, I feel for you...but he should be okay...lot of hand washing!!

Ron and Renae said...

Sarah and Brady,
Congratulations on the NEW BABY and the NEW HOUSE and the NEW WARD!! What an exciting time in your lives. It's so fun to watch you and your family grow. Little Brady is the age you were Sarah when I first met you some 20 plus years ago. And now you are a wonderful Mother with three little sweethearts of your own. And Brady is in Preschool.... remember our Pretty-School? I can't wait to see Jaxin sometime soon. Enjoy!

Addi said...

Congratulations little family. What a beautiful baby. And what a crazy story!