October 8, 2007

Deceptively Delicious!

Okay, pathetic I know, the 3rd post in one day! But I was flipping through the channels and Oprah caught my eye. She had Jessica Seinfield on (yes Jerry Seinfield's wife) and she was introducing a cookbook that she has just written called "Deceptively Delicious" It is a cookbook on how to incorporate pureed veggies into your food, desserts, main courses, snacks and you get it! Oprah was falling all over these test foods she had made for the show. They looked good, so I am very excited to buy this and try these recipes! Just thought that I would share!

21 comments:

Jessica said...

I saw the preview for this show. I really wanted to watch it. I want to try this book out too. thanks for posting, I would of forgotten.

diana said...

oooh... i need that book. the book cover looks too awesome.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

okay wait...what's with the BATMAN comment??! is brody batman?! HAHAHA. alright, i should invest in this book. i know my husband would LOOOVE me.

OurHappyFamily said...

I can always use new recipes. . . I will need to check that out!!! It was so fun to see your comment! You little ones are darling!

Becky said...

Thanks, I love finding out about NEW things!! Let me know if you like it. I still need to try the coconut bread you posted!!

Nate and Lauren said...

I saw the show too! forget hiding veggies for your kids, I need to do it for my husband!!

Lydia said...

ok that book looks awesome! and I always enjoy those few quiet moments but when they last too long I think it makes every mom worry about what's really going on!

Abby Runyan said...

I haven't watched the Opera show yet I have it DVR I'm going to have to make sure to watch it. thanks for the FYI I'm all about making GOOD food. Loved your comment about wearing a sweater. That's so true!!! Now in NY it's the opposite we get so excited to take them off. (even though secretly I like wearing them it hides my fat)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

okay i almost dropped by costco today to get a grinder (compactor) or whatever it's called...and then also to get the book. but of course i couldn't. anyhow- that is totally my next investment. it's not even a want...THAT IS A NEED!!

aubry startin said...

I would love to give your family a photo shoot. I have an opening this Monday (10/15) or Thurs (10/18) evening. Kid shots are my favorite! We could do it at your home or nearby park OR I have some locations that I really like. Where do you live? Call me to schedule a time or give me your email/phone number.

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

Hey girl!! Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you!! I didn't even recognize you when I saw you at Costa Vida on Tuesday, not til you had walked out and by that time it was too late to say anything. Anyways you're kids look adorable! As always, even if they do color themselves with marker... haha. good to see you though!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

sara- i just walked in from being gone at our cabin all weekend...ALLI THOUGHT ABOUT ON THE WAY HOME IS HOW I WANT THIS BOOK1!!!! i want to look at yours first though when you get it!!! do you have some kind of blender you're goign to use?? do they recommend a certain one??

Maren said...

i am so glad you scheduled. i told allie about her too. she was asking about a good photographer. i cant wait to see your cute pictures too!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

SARAH!!! DECEPTIVE LADY IS ON REGIS AND KELLI THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynsey said...

Where can you get the book? I feel like I make the same things all the time, I need some new recipes.

Kira said...

I had a hard time finding the book and have one on hold at Barnes and Nobles. I'm way excited to try it!!

Teagan said...

ok so you will have to let me know if you like the cook book... and if its easy recipes...b/ I only do EASY!!:)

Emily Widdison said...

k, you get the book and try it out and let me know how it really is...I always want to eat healthy but I am bad, so, maybe this will help me! How is your little girl doing? I'm sorry that you are going through all of that!

mattnbeth said...

ill have to try this if or when i ever cook!

Nate and Lori said...

SO, you commented on my blog a really long time ago, and I forgot about it and am barely getting back to you. You asked me about Beth Forrest and if I know her. Its funny because I just got assigned to be her visiting teacher. And I see that she posted right above me. It's a small world. Tell Tamara hi for me!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

update please!